Wednesday 23 October 2013

Potty Tales

I can only assume my youngest loves the bathroom, after all outside of school she spends most of her waking hours in there. At first I grew concerned, was it natural for a child to spend so much time sitting on the loo ? Usually half an hour minimum.  After taking her to the doctor, and getting everything checked out, I'm embarrassed to say that it had taken  me so long to figure out what was going on. 

Her marathon sessions were the perfect excuse to get out of whatever chores her sibling's were engaged in. Time to set the table for dinner - Sid is in the loo. Time to empty the dishwasher before school - Sid is in the loo. Time to tidy the playroom on the weekend .... you get the picture.

I have to give her credit tho' because her timing was dead on. As soon as the chore in question is finished, Sid would co-incidentally stagger out the bathroom, with big smile on her face. I'm not sure who she thought she was fooling - me apparently for the first few months - but to lend credibility to her actions she often gave us a graphic description of what had transpired behind the closed door.  Warning - the following is not for the faint of heart. 

We had the infamous "OMG that felt like I was birthing donkeys" followed by the perennial favourite "I just dropped the mother lode in there". Personally I blame her father. I take full credit for her spectacular use of the "F" word, but that potty talk is all Rob. 




No comments:

Post a Comment