Thursday 17 October 2013

Life Through The Eyes Of A Teenager


This is just an observation on how differently teens view the world. Be afraid, because one day they will be ruling the world.

Teenage Outlook #1:

One of Lindsay's chores is to clean the bathroom - not even regularly, just occasionally, and this weekend happened to be one of those occasions. As I am looking around the less than pristine bathroom, the ensuing conversation goes like this:

Me: "Lindsay, did you clean the bathroom today ?" 
Lindsay: "Yes"
Me: "Did you clean the mirror ?"
Lindsay: "Uh no".
Me: "Did you clean the toilet ?"
Lindsay: "Nope".
Me: "Did you clean the basin ?"
Lindsay: "No again".
Me (Now exasperated): "What exactly did you do then ?"
Lindsay (Huffily): "I put away the stuff that was on the counter." 

For the record the "stuff" on the counter amounted to one tube of toothpaste and a bottle of mouthwash. Who knew that constituted cleaning the bathroom ?


Teenage Outlook #2.

I was going to withhold names to protect the innocent, but as Lindsay's boyfriend Zach has been part of the family for almost a year now, I figure he is fair game.  So here is a
conversation I had with him one weekend as I drove him home. 

Me: "Have you got all your homework finished for the weekend ?"
Zach: "I just have science but my brothers have the same homework, so we'll just print it out three times". 
Me: "Do you all have the same teacher ?"
Zach: "Yes, that's why we all have the same homework."' "Duh!" wasn't actually stated, but I think it was certainly implied.
Me: (Somewhat incredulously) "Don't you think your teacher may recognize three identical pieces of work ?"
Zach (Confidently): "Oh no, I'm going to change the font."

Brilliant, sheer genius !



No comments:

Post a Comment