Tuesday 26 June 2012

What Happened To My Blog ?

So, I lay in bed last night, planning out a blog in my head. Line by line, I created my entire post and committed it to memory. This is not the first time I have done this, it is however the first time I have woken up in the morning  and have not been able to remember a damn thing, not just the details, but the whole subject. Is this a sign of age related memory problems ? Or perhaps just anxiety at the prospect of spending the next ten weeks with my children?

Therefore, instead of the illuminating, intellectual and entertaining blog I had planned, (I can't remember the blog, but I'm sure those adjectives would have applied), we will have to make do with Plan B - my children's obsession with poo. Obviously it's not going to be as intellectual and illuminating, but I hope at least still entertaining.

I can't remember when my youngest two children became obsessed with the bathroom. Both of them feel the need to make a big announcement, prior to the great event.  Sid, especially has a routine she follows. "I'm going to the bathroom" she bellows for everyone to hear. "I'm going to be in there a loooong time" is her next proclamation,  and just in case we missed the point, finally "I'm going to have a poo". This one sided conversation is carried on at top volume, so I'm sure by now, half the neighbours are aware of her intent as well.  This isn't so bad, after all it's nice to get a heads up, but the running commentary throughout the ceremony ? We really don't need that. I will resist the urge to share it with you here, suffice to say to say it happens. It would also be nice if she closed the bathroom door. But we are not done yet, if we are lucky, Sidney will grace us with a detailed account of appearance & mass after the fact.  Is this obsession normal ?

Grady is almost as bad, and the longer he is in the bathroom, the happier he is. Not so bad you might think, and it wouldn't be if he didn't bloody insist on singing the whole time. Ten weeks of this day after day, and I'll be ready for the funny farm in no time flat.  Which segues nicely to my next topic - I HAVE SURVIVED DAY 1 OF THE HOLIDAYS. Yay me !!  Of course I cheated a little, let them watch TV, then took them out to Chapters, bribed them first with books and then with lunch. No major altercations, not even minor ones. This summer might not be so bad after all.  It didn't escape my notice however, that the first day I have all three kids home,  Rob has to work extra late. Coincidence ? I think not.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment