Monday 25 June 2012

And so it begins...

Last day of school for Sidney & Grady, at least they both came home with great report cards. Grady received either "Excellent" or "Very Good" in everything but one category - Listening Skills.  Of course I zeroed in on that, but I should have known he would have an answer ready. According to him, if he got the E's & VG's in everything else he said "I had to have been listening at least some of the time".  Gotta hand it to him, he wins that round.

Meanwhile one of Lindsay's friends who shall remain nameless, but she knows who she is, spent some time with a "boy" today. Apparently this is a huge deal in Teenland, because all I could hear were ear piercing squeals from the others as the "Friend Who Shall Not Be Named " dished the details.  In fact I got kicked out of my own house  - fortunately I had to pick up the other two from school, albeit half an hour early - so the girls could fully discuss this latest development in private. If I am to be truthful, I was glad to make the escape, there are some things I am better off not knowing, even with the blog possibilities. Soon enough that will be Lindsay who will be doing the "dishing", so for now I am a great supporter of ignorance is bliss.

I did have to laugh tho' because when the FWSNBN arrived she had to make a mad dash to the bathroom. "Didn't they have a bathroom at 'his' house?" asked Lindsay.  "I'm not going to the bathroom in font of 'him'". She exclaimed in horror. The next thing I hear through the bathroom door "I'm starving as well".  "Didn't they have food at 'his' house ?" asked Jasmine or maybe Lindsay, I lost track. "Of course" replies the FWSNBN, "His mother made me lunch, but I wasn't going to eat a lot in front of 'him' so I'm starving now"   Fortunately our fridge was full of leftovers, and she didn't suffer the same compunction about chowing down in front of her besties.

Now on to my daughter, she has been hard studying hard for her exams, in socializing. I came home today, no sign of daughter #1. Apparently she was across the road alternately swimming and sunning. She came prancing in a little while later eager to show off her tan lines, that she achieved despite the SPF 45 sunscreen. Time for another lecture about damaging effects of the sun. That obviously went over her head, (or maybe she just zoned out when I starting equating my own youthful looks to staying out of the sun) because as each new friend arrives, (the house was like Grand Central Station this afternoon), they are subjected to the spectacle of her tan lines. Finally I'd had enough, and warned her the next time she did it, I'd flash my own tan lines and C-Section scar to boot.  That drew collective gasps of horror and worried glances from her friends who stared at me as if I'd lost the plot. This summer isn't shaping up too badly after all. Oh the fun I will have.

So this post goes out to the FWSNBN who has a great sense of humour, and who has graciously allowed for herself to become part of my "blogging circle" ! 


No comments:

Post a Comment