Friday 8 June 2012

Two Children Going Cheap

I am fully prepared to sell two of my children, either into slavery or for parts, I really don't care at this moment. Since I picked them up from school they have been at each others throats and no amount of cursing from me has made any difference. I skipped right over the cajoling, bribery & blackmail and went straight to cursing, it's a Thursday, and it has been that kind of day.

I asked them to set the table for dinner, only Sidney & Grady were eating so all one had to do was fill two  glasses with water or milk and the other had to place a knife and fork at two place settings. In any other house a simple every day occurrence, but in our house an excuse to break into WWIII.

Lindsay was helping me dish up dinner and somehow she managed to look at Sid the wrong way, who then promptly threw her spoon at Grady in retaliation, even tho' he hadn't done anything. Lindsay tells her not to throw cutlery, Sid tells Lindsay to shut up. Sid gets reprimanded for rudeness.  I leave the room, and Sid decides in a snit that she isn't going to eat dinner.  Grady insists on coming to tell me that, and I tell him to just eat his own dinner, ignore his sister and to not interfere.  I thought I had made myself pretty clear, but the next thing I hear is a loud crash from the kitchen as chair is overturned and Grady started yelling at Sid.

I sped up the stairs to a mess in the kitchen. Grady, obviously not content unless he is stirring up trouble had called Sid a baby for not eating her dinner. To Sidney, at almost 8 years old, calling her a baby is tantamount to waving a red rag to a bull, and Grady damn well knows it. Sidney's retribution was swift, her drink  (fortunately in a plastic cup) was lobbed at Grady's head. It missed and went in his dinner instead. He jumped up and knocked over the chair. It was at this point that I raced in. By now I was so angry I was hyperventilating and speechless. I need not have worried tho', because Lindsay quickly took up the slack and cursed them out good and proper. She made me so proud. Sidney & Grady, who are obviously slow learners, start fighting over who is going to clean up the mess. I was more concerned with how I was going to dispose of the bodies before their father got home.

On that happy note, I hope everyone has a lovely weekend, and If I'm not imprisoned, I'll be back with the next installment on Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment