Tuesday 19 June 2012

"Crack" Berry

I have to confess that when I took Lindsay in to buy her new phone I purchased an extra two Blackberrys for Rob and myself.  Heaven forbid, not the model that Lindsay chose - that would have been way uncool.  Anyway we have been with Bell so long that they were practically throwing them at us for free, and after the conversation I had with that nice complimentary gentleman on the weekend, (ignoring my husband's take on it) how could I not ?

First I have to say I love my new Blackberry, the camera actually takes better quality photographs than the one we spent a mortgage payment on a few years ago.  I love the ease with which I can load photos - watch out Facebook followers - access the internet, and all the other nifty features.  I can even write my blog on the go, there is no stopping me now.

Secondly I have to say I hate my new Blackberry. The keys, both on the keyboard and the touch screen are obviously made for people with appendages much smaller than mine.  I have just realised that thanks to my chubby fingers I have been signing all my texts "Jelly", how's that for way uncool ? 

Now I have just finished a lengthy text to my boss Ava, including the number of a new rep she needs to call, only to have her text me back and say I had the wrong number. I check the voice mail messages, the number is correct. I check the rep's file, the number is correct. I send everything back to Ava with an explanation, only to get a terse reply "But I am not Ava"  Curse you fat fingers!. If that isn't embarrassing enough, I went in to edit the contact information and ended up dialing the person by mistake. I almost threw the phone across the room in panic. I think I should just stick to a rotary dial phone, I am such a Luddite.

Meanwhile, I wasn't able to figure out how to send text messages with a picture, which was a real crimp in my plans. I have no idea why I would actually need to send a text with a picture, but it's a feature of the phone, and dammit all, I want to use it. I finally accepted that I didn't have a clue what I was doing, and caved in and called Bell. Another very nice - and patient - chappy tried to guide me through the process. Whatever I was doing, it  wasn't working, so he kept sending me test messages which I wasn't getting. The technician was getting more and more frustrated, and dare I say, perhaps a little testy, and after about five minutes of this he discovered that I'd actually given him Rob's cell number by mistake. I must admit, he took it in his stride, although I'm sure he had a few choice words when he hung up the phone. Can't say I blame him really. Of course when Rob came home he mentioned that he had received all these text messages from Bell, and did I know anything about it ? I quickly changed the subject. 

Unfortunately after I hung up from Bell, I was back to square one with the picture-in-the-message thing. I don't think they have heard the last from me.



No comments:

Post a Comment