Friday 29 June 2012

Apparently I'm far From Perfect

I have now survived Day 4. We spent today at a friend's cottage and my children were angels; polite, well behaved, played nicely etc etc. All the attributes they do not normally display at home. That sort of puts the kibosh on the next blog. Of course there was the moment when they were tubing and Grady is frantically giving us the hand signal to slow down. Was he scared ? No, he was losing his trunks.

Grady did ask me tonight why I never blog about me. That is not strictly true, but to be fair, it is probably time I was in the spotlight, after yesterday's blog where I had great fun at my husband's expense.  So although I might like to think I am as close to perfection as humanly possible my husband would beg to differ. So here are some of the criticisms my husband makes of me.

How I load the dishwasher. Apparently there is a right way and a wrong way to load the dishwasher, and according to him,  I do it the wrong way. To be fair,  I had no idea about this until recently. My friend Helene was over and after I had placed something in the dishwasher, she observed Rob come behind me, and change it's placement. She called him on it, and that's when I learned that all these years he has been reloading the dishwasher when I'm out of the room. Who knew ? No problem, I'll just do what the kids do now, and leave the dishes piled in the sink and he can stick 'em wherever he wants.

My (occasional) practical joke. He took my van one evening, and left me with his car - which I hate driving - so I thought I'd have a little fun before he came home.  I set it up to look as if I had ploughed his car through the garage door. Personally I thought it was hilarious. Him, not so much. Of course it may have had something to do with the fact that he'd only just had it repaired after a collision, but honestly some people just don't have a sense of humour. On the plus side, Lindsay was able to put her CPR training to good use.

That I don't hear my children during the night. Unless I wake up gasping for air, as the Rat Bastard pinches my nostrils to prevent me snoring, I sleep the sleep of the dead. Nothing, and I mean nothing my children do can wake me. This makes Rob crazy, as he is always the one who has to get up and deal with whatever calamity occurs during the night hours.  I should admit at this point, on a very rare occasion I actually do wake up, but I know, if I lie there quietly and snore a little, he isn't any the wiser - until now.

Of course, there was also the time that Rob had been pissing me off all morning. It was one of those days where he just kept pushing my buttons. I didn't say anything, just bided my time. I knew he had to go up on the roof later on to check the flashing around the chimney, so I waited until he was up there and then took away the ladder. I found it much funnier than he did.

He'd probably like me to use a little more discretion when writing this blog, but hey, I'm on a roll. 

Happy Canada Day this weekend, I'll be back at my blog on Tuesday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment