Monday 11 June 2012

My 100th Post

My daughter said I should do something special for my 100th post, my husband suggested something different.  I think they are missing the big picture, THEY need to do something special or different so that I can write about it. I thought I might have compromised - and cheat a little - and take the highlights from the previous 99 posts, but there wasn't really anything I could extract and still have it make sense. So instead, here are some of the facts  I have learned over the years.

 - I swear there are some days when my life us just one line away from a bad Country & Western song. All I need is a broken down pick-up truck - my old van came pretty close !

 - You know that saying "Don't go to bed angry"? I have my own little take on that  - stay up & plot your revenge!

 - My family will ignore me for hours, until I pick up a book, and suddenly everyone wants a piece of me.

 - I think Sid has a theory, that if she is going to get into trouble for hitting her brother, she may as well hit him as  hard as she can.

 - When you are right, no one remembers, but when you are wrong, no one forgets.

 - After you have said "What?" three times, and still have no idea what your child said, I find it's easier to just agree with them. However I have got myself into some awkward predicaments that way. 

- That moment in the middle of the night, when you hear a strange noise and realise your son's hamster is making   a bid for freedom, and you're torn between checking it out and letting it take its chances with marauding cats,   while you try and get back to sleep. 

 - Finally, I should know better, but when I say "Can my day get any worse ?"  I mean it as a rhetorical question, not a challenge.


I would also like to add how much I appreciate the support and positive feedback I have received since I started this blog. I do hope everyone continues to have as much fun reading this as I do writing it. Thank you for reading.








No comments:

Post a Comment