Wednesday 29 August 2012

Mouse On The BBQ

I hope you will indulge me one more mouse story, but this is a quick one. This weekend Rob discovered yet another mouse, but this one was in the barbeque, which at least makes a change from the house. My husband, never one to shy away from an opportunity to wind up his children, proceeds to notify Grady & Sid about the find, and then goes on to tell them that he is cooking the mouse along with their hamburgers and hot dogs. Now at this point, most normal children would probably lose their appetites, or at the very least start making gagging noises. Not so with my offspring, oh no, they have a completely different reaction along the lines of  "Way cool dad ! Can we watch?" What is wrong with these children ?

But wait, it gets worse. Ten minutes later Grady & Sid are actually arguing about who gets which part of the mouse. Really ! I don't know whether to be cheered by their willingness to try something new - I bet they wouldn't squabble over brussel sprouts - or dismayed by their monumental stupidity. After all who wants to eat the arse end of a mouse ?

Throw a shrimp on the barbie anyone ?

PS According to my husband, who is quickly loosing his genius designation, the mouse that was in the BBQ was all my fault!  He argued that mouse was actually the one that I had caught and let go too close to the house. All the damn mice look the same to me - sma;ll brown and furry - but maybe this one had a distinguishing feature. Who knew ?

No comments:

Post a Comment