Thursday 16 August 2012

An Day In The Life Of My Teen

Lindsay caught me in a week moment and I agreed to her having her friends Mary-Clare & Hannah for a sleepover. Before long, the sleepover was brought forward to include dinner, and then even further to include lunch. Breakfast the next day was already a given. I had to step in at some point and put a halt to these expanding festivities before we ended up in a full blown custody battle with the other parents.

Lunch passed quietly enough and then the posse went across the road to swim at Hannah's house.  All too soon they were back, and the next thing I hear is a ruckus in the bathroom. They had decided to rinse out the chlorine and all climbed in the shower at once (still in bathing suits), how they didn't manage to tear down the shower curtain & rail is beyond me. So now we have a trail of wet towels through the house, one each from the pool, another each for their hair, you get the picture. Peace reigned again when they took off to the mall, where from the sound of things they terrorized old people in the Tim Hortons, and had the pictures to prove it. When Rob picked them up & drove them home, they were all wearing shower caps. I'm not sure if it was meant to be a disguise, or a game of Truth & Dare, I'm just glad it wasn't me driving.  

After dinner, which was a relatively calm and sedate affair considering, it was time for facials. They scared the bejeesus out of Grady when they all trooped out of the bathroom with their faces covered in brown gunk. I don't know what it was (except that it was expensive) but it looked and smelled awfully like the stuff we scrape off the  bottom of horses hooves. Hooting and hollering they trooped out front to take photos with Lindsay's new camera. They should have gone out back instead, because I don't think they were expecting the gang of teenage boys that had happened to gather across the road. Come to think of it I don't think the gang of hormone riddled, pimply faced youths were expecting the procession of gunked up girls that trooped out of front door either.
 
Always up for an adventure they decided to go with Rob to Dairy Queen. That wasn't going to put a stop to the facial routine, so with faces covered with Biore strips they all took off for DQ. Sid & Grady never miss a trip to get ice-cream, but one look at the girls in their glory, and they decided to stay home.

Once home again it was time to move on to the hair. Two hours and a can of hairspray later, they were gorgeous. After all that time primping and preening, did they go out ? No, they settled in the basement for a marathon scary movie session. Seemed like an awful waste of effort to me, but then what do I know?  





No comments:

Post a Comment