Tuesday 21 August 2012

I love It When A Plan Comes Together


Anyone who has watched the A-Team, either the series from years ago, or the more recent movie will know the catchphrase "I love it when a plan comes together". Just once, I'd like to be able to say that and have it be true. Instead if I had a catchphrase, I'm sure it would be something like, well, it would have lots of swear words, and is probably something I shouldn't repeat here.

I'm pretty sure my son's plan came together, because I suspect he set me up. He got a new app for his I-Pod in the guise of  a lie detector, so he decided to try it out on me. My first attempt "I love my son" came back as entirely false. My next attempt "Sidney is my favourite" was analysed as completely true. Great, so now I have Sidney running around the house singing "I'm mummy's favourite" and Grady isn't talking to me at all. If I know him, he is probably going to take advantage of my all encompassing feelings of guilt for weeks to come. That boy doesn't forget a bloody thing. I think I see another trip to the Lego store in my future.

Grady loves watching nature programs, Discovery Channel, in fact any and all scientific programs, that pretty much guarantee his "nerdom" for the next few years, something that even sporting a pierced ear will not overcome. I was however, suitably impressed when he repeated a little nugget of wisdom that he learned recently on one of these programs. Apparently it is a proven scientific fact that if you hurt yourself, swearing will make the pain go away twice as fast. I'm not sure how it works, but who cares ? As far as I'm concerned, the boy has handed me a "Get out of jail free" card, and I'm going to make full use of it. Long live nerds !


No comments:

Post a Comment