Monday 14 May 2012

With Power Comes Responsibility

This blog has given me power in ways I never thought possible. As soon as anyone in my family sees me typing furiously away at the computer, they immediately ask if I'm blogging, and if so what about. All I need to do is give them a cryptic answer, or even just smile knowingly and it sends them into a tailspin. I know that with great power, comes great responsibility, but how can I resist playing games with my children's gullible and malleable little minds ? Especially after what they have done to mine. I have swapped one "B" word in my vocabulary for another. Instead of yelling "Behave" at the top of my lungs, all I need to say now is "Blog" and usually whatever havoc they are wreaking comes to a screeching halt. The thought that someone in Russia, Malaysia or South America could end up reading about their antics is often enough to stop them dead in their tracks. That doesn't however, stop me from writing about it. Embrace the power. Life is good.

So Mothers Day today for North America, and as usual my family didn't do things by halves. I woke up this morning to see "Mr. Bean" looming over me, scared the crap out of me - much to the all round general amusement of my family. They had bought a - very realistic - mask of the Rowan Atkinson character, at the local British store. Fortunately for them they also bought me English chocolate as well.  Apparently it was my darling daughter's idea to give me the scare, and when she and I (the whole family has been infected with a particularly nasty cold) are feeling better she is going to pay.  Courtesy of my dear husband, never one to pass up an opportunity, "Mr. Bean" kept popping up at indiscriminate times throughout the day. You would think I'd get used to it, but it made me jump each and every time. He too is going to pay when I am feeling better. As my father used to say "He who laughs last, laughs the longest" .

Stay tuned for my revenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment