Tuesday 13 March 2012

My Untimely Demise

No cause for alarm, I am still alive and kicking, at least for now. I'm not taken to flights of fancy or conspiracy theories, but I am wondering if there is something up.  My dear husband approached me this week, and I didn't much care for his malevolent grin. "I've found a new way to stop you snoring" he smirked knowingly.  "It's even more effective than plugging your nose" he continued. "Oh yeah, and what would that be?" I asked somewhat uneasily, and with good reason I might add. "It's easy" he replied "I just do this" and proceeded to fling his forearm across my throat, "It works really well !"  he said, a little too eagerly for my liking. Of course it works really well, not least  because it does a bloody good job of disrupting my breathing. Brilliant.

It's bad enough I take my life in my hands, pretty much any time I venture up or down the stairs - if a cat isn't trying to impede my movement by weaving in and out of my legs, I'm just as likely to trip over an errant toy - usually Lego  left on one of the steps, now I'm not even safe when I sleep. The trouble is I sleep like the dead to begin with. It turns out that Rob has been practicing his new maneuver on me all week, and I didn't have a bloody clue.  

So loyal readers, if this blog should come to an abrupt and unexpected halt, please be sure to notify the appropriate authorities.  It's a pretty safe bet my husband did it !

No comments:

Post a Comment