Friday 10 February 2012

Where Did I Go Wrong ?

Although I have older three sisters, they had all left home when I was quite young, so essentially I grew up as an only child. This is probably why I never cease to be amazed at how my children can pull out all the stops when it comes to a fight. Where did I go wrong ?

For example, on the last pet day at school, Grady decided to take in a rabbit. I make the mistake of asking Lindsay to help him get the rabbit out of the outside hutch, only to have the neighbours  treated an ever increasing volume of "Oh my god, you are so stupid",  and I'm pretty sure she wasn't talking to the rabbit. 

Then there was the time Sid gave her brother a black eye with a baseball bat. Thank goodness the bat was only plastic, but it still packed a wallop. Sid insists to this day it was an accident, but she had bloody good aim when she clocked him.  


To give Sid credit, she is truthful. When I heard several thumps followed by a big crash and a wail from Grady, I rush to see what happened. Grady said that Sidney pushed him down the stairs. I tell him not to be ridiculous, his sister would never do that to him. To prove it, I turned to Sid and asked" You didn't push your brother down the stairs did you ?" Her answer, without a hint of apology "Of course I did" and off she stomps. 


Poor Grady doesn't just get it from his younger sister, but from his elder sister as well.  He came down in tears one morning, because he had pissed off Lindsay and she retaliated by spraying him with perfume. I was behind with the laundry, consequently he was wearing his last clean uniform shirt, so I did the only thing I could, lied through my teeth, told him I couldn't smell anything, and sent him to school reeking like a Parisian brothel.  

You'd think by now that Grady would know better than to provoke his sisters, but no, he still goes head on. Only this evening, I had to rescue him when I caught Lindsay carrying him through the kitchen by his underwear. It's not easy being the middle child and only boy in our house !. 

Next installment on Monday. Have a great weekend. 


  








No comments:

Post a Comment