Tuesday 14 February 2012

And Then The Fight Began


A short post today, because now Rob is back at work, I am actually expected to start looking after my children and doing things like cooking, what a drag.


Surely, only in my house can a fight break out between the kids while they are writing Valentines cards for their school friends. So much for loving thoughts. I'm not sure why the fight began, but I do know that Sid resorted to the Double Dog Dare of threats; the infamous "I'm going to go and live in a cardboard box". That is a favourite of hers, only used when she feels particularly put upon. Of course issuing a threat like that in Canada in the middle of winter, doesn't really have much credibility, but each to his (or her) own.

One bright spot for the day, one of the stupid cats picked a fight with a feline three times his size, resulting  in multiple bites and abscesses  - I haven't got to the fun bit yet. Trip to the vets this morning, $173 later and the cat is sent home shaved, with a cone on his head - now that is the fun bit.  Watching him negotiate the stairs is truly a piece worthy of America's Funniest Videos. Even Rob, who had left that same cat on the roof on Friday, felt sorry for him, and ended up removing the cone.  Now what am I supposed to do for fun ? I suppose I can always oil the hamster wheels, that's always good for a laugh.

Happy Valentines Day !

No comments:

Post a Comment