Thursday 16 February 2012

Oops

This was really a mistake, but worth a mention. My husband decides to send me a rather risque text on Valentine's Day. Only one little problem, I was driving home from school when I heard the text come in so I asked my daughter to pick it up and read it to me.  I was certainly not expecting the scream and cries of "Eew! Gross! That's Disgusting! Eew!  I'm going to be years in therapy", when she did. This was accompanied by much wringing of hands, and my phone was flung across the van in horror.

Of course the younger two are in the back wanting to know what was going on, and actually at this point so did I. I still had no idea what had prompted this violent outburst. Lindsay refused to tell them, and anyway, by this time all she was capable of doing was making gagging sounds and uttering "Eew" & "Gross".  I didn't know what was in the text, sort of thinking ignorance is bliss,  but I was still hoping for a red light so I could find my phone and read it. My curiosity was piqued even more when Lindsay exclaimed in disgust "I had no idea you and dad even knew what that was." Now I really have to know what was in that message. 

I had to wait until I got home before I was able to look at my phone. By now Lindsay isn't even talking to me, just casting malevolent glares in my direction - not sure how this became my fault - and muttering under her breath something about "Gross parents", "Therapy" and "Never ever talking to her father again".

As for the text, all it said was "Do you fancy sexting ?"   Obviously not one of his better ideas, but it will be a long time before Lindsay goes anywhere near my phone again.

No comments:

Post a Comment