Wednesday 20 November 2013

Open Wide

So I had a dentist appointment this morning, just a routine check-up and cleaning. Everything was going well until I heard a voice say "Are you alright ? Dear, are you alright?".  At which point I realised I had fallen asleep and started to snore. I'm not sure how that is even possible with three different utensils stuck in my mouth, but I managed it. I can't say it was one of my finest moments.

I might have got away with just a pitying glance if I hadn't compounded that faux pas with another. I had been tilted in the chair with my head way below my feet, and after the hygienist brought me upright,  I stood up, promptly got dizzy and after I whacked my head on the lamp, I walked straight into the wall. She probably thought I was drunk. It wasn't even the usual hygienist, so for all she knows that is normal behaviour for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment