Thursday 20 December 2012

My Pet Peeves (Part 1)

I honestly can't remember if I have done a "Pet Peeve" Post yet and honestly I'm far too lazy to scroll back through, but these are all new peeves so I shouldn't be in too much danger of repeating myself. 

First, climbing in MY van, only to turn on the ignition and have the speakers blare out some bloody awful music. Obviously my daughter & her friends have been playing with the radio on their way to school. I always know who sat in the front passenger seat, (C)rap music - Lindsay, Country & Western - Mary Clare. I am going to have to cover the dials with duct tape to prevent interference. My van, my radio, my rules.

While on the subject of my beloved mini van, nothing pisses me off more than when my husband uses it to ferry back and forth to the stables every day for a week, only to have him cheerfully remind me as I dash out the door, late for an appointment, "Your gas light is on honey!". Honey ? Honey ? Is he serious ? Does he really think that adding an endearment at the end of the sentence is going to make up for the fact that he emptied an $80 gas tank on me ? 

This is one I'm sure everyone can relate to. What's with those people who turn up late for a show and always end up in the seats at the far end of the row, so you have to get up and let them pass. Usually squeezing so close that you feel you should have exchanged marriage vows first. Why is it as soon as those same people get settled, they then decide they have to go back and get refreshments ?  If you ever squeeze by me in a crowded movie theater, you'll know who I am when I accidentally stomp on your foot. Just sayin'.



No comments:

Post a Comment