Thursday 6 December 2012

Life Is Good

In my never ending quest to find things that I know are going to irritate my husband, (yes I know it's cruel, but I do it anyway), I have discovered something new, totally by accident. Yesterday we got a new fridge, which was long overdue. We'd had the old fridge for over 20 years, and unlike the stove which is the same age and is in near mint condition (due to the fact, according to my family, I don't know how to cook), this appliance was in it's death throes. As it kicked in, the kitchen lights would dim and this would be accompanied by a horrendous clunking sound. Not good at all.

So back to the new fridge which has a stainless steel door, you know the kind of door that shows every little mark, especially fingerprints. The kind of door that will drive my incredibly anal husband absolutely berserk as he tries to keep it clean. I discovered this quite by chance, as I nonchalantly leaned against the fridge only to have Rob shriek (although he would deny this) in my ear, "Don't touch that, you'll leave marks".

As soon as his back was turned the rest of us were all over that fridge like a fat kid on a smarty. There were fingerprints from top to bottom.  It had the desired effect, as Rob stood in the middle of the kitchen yelling at us. Drawing upon a colourful vocabulary we were called all sorts of names. "Idiots", "Assholes", "Jerks" and then back to "Idiots". His colourful vocabulary doesn't even come close to mine.   Of course the more he yelled, the funnier it got - at least for us, not so much for Rob. Lindsay's BF was over for dinner, and he stood horrified as the scene unfolded. My guess is he didn't know whether to laugh with us or commiserate with Rob, so he took the easy way out and left the kitchen entirely - the coward ! 

A quiet dinner followed, throughout which Rob glowered at me with undisguised annoyance. As soon as he was able, he disappeared into the kitchen with a cloth to clean off the door.   It's just all to easy to rile him up, but I don't think it will ever stop being fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment