Monday 17 December 2012

I'm not sure where I went wrong with my children. Lindsay seems to be turning out alright, but it's my youngest I have my concerns about.

Yesterday was Cubs night and I discovered over dinner that they were supposed to perform a skit or a song. Sidney tells me brightly "I have a song". Like an idiot, I fell for it and told her to go ahead and sing it, and so she obliged:

"There's a snake in the grass,
  Stick a bullet up it's ass,
  Stick it in, stick it out,
  Like a good boy scout".

WTF ?  Did I mention Zach (the boyfriend) was over for dinner ? The poor boy just about choked, as did I. "Where on earth did you learn that ?" I asked horrified.  "Grady taught me" She glibly replies. She has no qualms about tossing her brother under a bus if the situation warrants it. I turn to her brother who realises the jig is up and is attempting a fast getaway.  He conveniently "can't remember" where he heard it. I tell them both, that under no circumstances are they to perform this little chorus at Cubs. I've already pre-paid for a whole bunch of activities, and I'm worried I might not get my money back if they are kicked out in disgrace.

I didn't think to remind Sid not to repeat it at school either. Her poor teacher pretty much has conniptions almost every time Sid opens her mouth as it is. I can't tell you how many times I have picked her up from school, only to have her teacher tell me "You won't believe what Sid said today". Sadly, I do believe it. Although I must admit I did express abject horror and surprise when Sidney was in Grade 1, and I found out she was teaching her friends to say "Piss Off". I don't think the teacher believed me when I blamed it on Grady. Her comment to Rob "Isn't Piss Off an English expression?" pretty much summed it up.  So Mrs. Gunn, when you read this, you have my heart felt apologies if Sidney regales your class with her latest little ditty.



No comments:

Post a Comment