Friday 14 September 2012

My New Best Friend

I have a new best friend, her name is Tina. She used to be a mere acquaintance, but now she is my "bestie" and has rocketed straight to the top of my Christmas card list. You may wonder why this paragon of virtue has been honoured with such accolades ? She has done what no sane person would do and has taken my two youngest children for the evening (it's a work night for Lindsay too - bonus!). What's more she is going to do it every week, and she follows my blog, so she knows what my children are like ! I am so excited I would literally sing her praises if I could, however unlike my husband, I fully realise I can't sing, so I wouldn't subject anyone to it.

Anyway, I digress, Tina is the local Scout master, and she suggested that Sid & Grady might like to join the group and benefit from all the opportunities the Scouts have to offer. Never mind the kids, I'm just giddy to have the benefits of a child free evening.  Grady was a bit reticent at first until he heard all about the bows and arrows, pocket knives, axes and bonfires! Apparently no machetes allowed tho'. Shame. 

Sid meanwhile has already started to plan what she is going to take to the first camp. She is such a girl ! I'm not sure where in the tent she is going to put the thirteen stuffed toys that are at the top top her list, but that is all Tina's problem now !!

Grady was very impressed with his friends' Daniel & Matthew's merit badges. I don't think he has quite grasped the concept tho'. When he saw the "pet" badge, he figured he was a shoe-in, and started tallying a badge per pet. I didn't have the heart to break it to him that having twenty odd pets doesn't guarantee one badge never mind twenty. 

So thank you Tina, and I hope you are still talking to me when you return!



No comments:

Post a Comment