Thursday 20 September 2012

Why NASA Won't Be Calling Anytime Soon

I love my children, I really do, and I think on the most part they are smart kids, however there are days when I shake my head  in wonderment, and not in a good way. So here are the top 5 reasons NASA won't be calling our house any time soon:

5) I wouldn't say that my son excels at sports, but he certainly does try his best. After his first baseball game at school, he came home all excited. "Our team didn't win" he said beaming, "but I scored a goal". That's right a goal, in baseball. That alone may be the first clue as to why his team didn't win.

4) Lindsay mistook the Branston pickle for chocolate sauce and poured it all over Grady's ice-cream. Fortunately he wasn't stupid enough (or maybe hungry enough) to eat it.

3) As parents we are not immune to stupidity either. Rob backs down the driveway in my van and bumps into his car which was parked behind. No harm done (gotta love those polymer panels)  except to his bruised ego because we all witnessed it.

2) I back down the driveway and bump into Rob's car, still  parked behind. Thank goodness he did it first, because then he was in no position to lecture me. He was actually in his car at the time, so technically it was still his fault for not moving out of my way fast enough. I also had the bonus thrill of catching sight of his panic stricken face in the rear view mirror as I made impact.

And the number 1 reason we won't be hearing from NASA anytime soon - Grady has spent the last couple of days bemoaning the fact he is an only child. Now, I'm not sure what they are teaching him in maths, but the last time I looked I still had three children.  Maybe it's just wishful thinking on his part.




No comments:

Post a Comment