Friday 27 April 2012

Why I love My Children

Anyone who has more than one child has a favourite. That's not to say your favourite won't change from day to day, but believe me there will be some days when you prefer one child over the rest, and other days, not so much.
 
When I comment on the picture that Sid is drawing, only to have her tell me "It's a picture of you & daddy, so that I'll remember you when you die". Positively tear-jerking.

Grady has had his moments too. One day when we were talking about us getting old (alright older), he patted my hand and said kindly, "Don't worry Mum, When it's time, I'll make sure I find you and dad a nice funeral home". I think he meant retirement home, but then with him, I can't be sure.  


I have to be truthful, Grady called me out on something the other day. I was reading a good book, so not really paying attention to what he was saying. The conversation went like this:

Grady: "Mum, look at this"
Me: "That's nice dear"
Grady: "Oh that's clever, how you saw without actually looking"  Oops.

Now Lindsay's turn. She downloaded an app for her IPod that takes a photo and then "fatifies" and ages it. The only problem was when she took my picture, the before and after shots looked about the same.

Back to Sid, there is an event happening at their school on Friday, a fundraiser, where the kids get to participate in Funfair type games.  Sid was really anxious for me to volunteer, and I thought it was really touching how she wanted me to be there. Touching, that is until I overheard what she told her brother, "You don't have to take any money on Market Day Grady, I talked Mum into going so she can pay for everything."  That girl has a bright future in politics.

Have a great weekend everyone. Assuming I still have a roof over my head I'll be back on Monday. I inadvertently arranged a whole bunch of activities for Saturday afternoon - play-dates over for the younger kids, and Lindsay is hosting a surprise party for a friend. I still have to break it to Rob that I won't actually be home when all this is all going on. Maybe he should write the blog for Monday.





No comments:

Post a Comment