Tuesday 10 April 2012

Unhappy Families

Sometimes I feel like I am living with a family of snapping turtles, and today with everyone niggling at each other,  was no exception.

It's a well documented fact that my long suffering husband is not a morning person, and he escapes the house (or possibly the kids ?) as soon as he can each day. Add to that, if he doesn't get enough sleep, he can be downright ornery. I was wondering why he was being so cantankerous this morning and it turns out  the cats got into a tussle under our bed during the night and it kept him awake. As usual I was blissfully unaware of the ruckus. Anyway, long story short, I wasn't sorry to see the back of him today.  It is way too challenging to maintain my naturally sunny disposition among so much negativity.  

Lindsay hasn't been sleeping, so she was dragging her sorry ass around the house moaning that she was tired. I do believe she wasn't quite with it when she came out of her bedroom, wearing her bra on the outside of her shirt. Definitely NOT something she would have done deliberately, even as a joke. As if she had the energy to be funny and awake. I felt sort of sorry sending her off to school, but not sorry enough to keep her home.

Meanwhile Sid, buck-ass naked is cruising the house looking for underwear, (for some reason which has never been clear to me, clean laundry turns up in the strangest places in our home), amid choruses of "For god's sake put some clothes on" from her siblings.

Of course, I can always rely on Grady to make a bad situation worse, and as if the family wasn't already crabby enough, he was following his sisters around, aiming spitballs at them through a straw. At least he was until Lindsay wrestled him to the floor and took away his weapon. Usually when I hear him yelp, and her bellow "Give me that you little bastard" I would step in and attempt to regain control, but this morning, I turned a deaf ear. I figure the boy had it coming. Frontier justice at it's best.

No comments:

Post a Comment