Friday 10 January 2014

Parenting Advice - Anyone ???

Well, we are only two days into 2014 and my children are at it hammer & tongs. Grady - who is my resident snitch - crossed Sidney and she told him in no uncertain terms that she wished he had been switched at birth !  I'm proud that she is expanding her horizons, but I still can't let it stand. So I call her down and inform her that she must write out twenty times - "I love my brother and I'm glad he wasn't switched at birth". She glared at him, glared at me and announced "But I'm not glad" . Twenty lines just became fifty. I love this  punishment consequence! Not only does it serve to teach I lesson (I hope) but it also keeps the offending party quiet for a while.  I know I shouldn't encourage Grady to snitch, but he is a natural, and it is the only way I find out what is going on! The upside is, I didn't even swear - not once. If any of my readers have better ideas, I'm all for hearing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment