Monday 6 January 2014

Always Sid


I'm back, and a Happy New Year to all my readers.

Oh what fun we had the weekend before Christmas. Are my children enjoying this quiet lull before the big day ? Of course not, they are fighting. Grady snitches on his sister, it would appear she had called him an idiot, not once but twice. So, in a desperate attempt to curb her tongue, I insisted she write out lines, "I must not call my brother an idiot". To begin with it was only supposed to be ten times, but by the time she had finished arguing with me, it ended up being 50. I am nothing if not draconian in my approach to parenting. Sid as usual had the last laugh, after she had finished writing her missive I asked her to show me. It turns out she had forgotten to include the word "not", so she had elegantly written in her best cursive writing - the required 50 times no less - "I must call my brother an idiot." Where did I go wrong ?.

Meanwhile, Sid flounces down to the Christmas tree and starts rummaging underneath it. Upon asked what she was doing, she told me she was removing her gift to Grady because he had said he'd hated her. This does not sit well with me and I order Grady down and inform him it is his turns to write lines "I must not tell my sister I hate her". However Grady is not going down without a fight. The 10 lines quickly become 20, then up to 50 as he continues to argue with me. By the time amount of lines required doubles to 100, even his father feels the need to step in and tell his son, "For god's sake, shut the fuck up". He doesn't listen to him any more than he does me, and as a consequence he is now at 200 lines. I can keep this up all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment