Friday 16 May 2014

You Know What Day ....

And this is why I live for Thursdays. It is not even 8:00 and after numerous threats of grievous bodily harm, I finally have all three children up and moving. However things are not progressing as I would like. 

Sidney is dancing around the house with musical drumsticks (which are actually loud, obnoxious and not at all musical) and chanting "The power of three will set us free". She has been consumed watching Charmed on Netflicks. All I can wonder is, when will I be set free ?

Grady, who is notoriously difficult to get moving has a spring in his step this morning because he found a spider, and can now gleefully torment both his sisters.  As he creeps towards Lindsay, she spies him in the mirror and cuts him off at the knees "Get the f*** out of my room before I hurt you". Spoken with all the love and devotion that only a teenager can muster.

I do what all wise parents do in this situation, grab my coffee and escape to the basement, leaving my offspring to fight to the death. I will venture back when it is time to leave for school, to see if any are left standing. Give me a mouse over my kids any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment