Monday 5 May 2014

The Nght Of The Dreaded Semi

So here it is the Thursday of the big dance and my house was invaded my a clutch of teenagers. Lindsay assured me that they wouldn't be here until later, but when my dear sister overheard this conversation, she offered to bring in pizzas so they could all have dinner here. Yay ! Gotta love my sister.  I should mention, she dropped the pizzas and then ran ! She always was the smart one.

I asked Lindsay how they were all supposed to get ready in her bedroom - small, cramped and very messy - and she informs me they are taking over the whole floor. So guess who spent all day Thursday cleaning their bedroom - and it wasn't Lindsay! I warned Rob and Grady to stay downstairs for the duration, on account of the fact that there would be girls wandering around in various stages of undress.  Poor Grady, in another couple of years, he would probably jump at such an opportunity, but right now he doesn't know what he is missing. He just mumbled in disgust about all the perfume.

All went fairly smoothly. After all, everything is relative, and this is our house, so "smoothly" here could be the equivalent of "apocalyptic" in another abode. That is until Sid went up to bed and we heard "OH MY GOD look at this mess!" Sure enough her room (she shares with Lindsay) was strewn from one end to the other with various items of clothing, from underwear to outerwear.  I assume the plan was for the girls to gather their belongings when they came over the next night for their sleepover. In the meantime, Sid must traverse an obstacle course of under-wired bras to get to her bed. "I'm not impressed" she kept muttering. 

Next up it was Grady's turn, and as he enters the bathroom we hear another "Oh My God".
followed by cursing and then "There are curling irons and straightening irons everywhere up here". At this point I'm not sure if I should be impressed or concerned that he is aware and recognizes the difference between a curling iron and a straightening iron. I'm just glad he didn't notice the thong underwear discarded with gay abandon behind the bathroom door. Poor little bugger would have been traumatised.

No comments:

Post a Comment