Wednesday 7 May 2014

They're Baaaack !

By they, I'm not referring to the mice - they have never really gone away - but to bigger pests - raccoons. Followers of my blog may recall about this time last year we discovered to our horror, that we had a horny raccoon living in our attic. Don't ask how we knew it was a horny raccoon, some details are best left out.

My husband was already fast asleep when I went to bed last night and as I lay there contemplating the best way to off him and put a stop to the snoring, I heard other more ominous sounds. At first I thought it was just one of the kids stumbling in the dark on their way to the bathroom, but when I received no answer to my shout out "Who is making all that noise?", I listened again and realised it came from the roof.  

It was too early in the year for Santa, no access for a burglar, so that left the only possibility - a raccoon attempting to pry off the roof tiles and gain access to the attic. Little bastard. This was definite a task for my husband, I'm so glad I didn't go ahead with my plan to off him. I hiss "Rob, wake up there's a raccoon on the roof". No response. Tried again but louder, still nothing. I crawled right up to his ear "ROB! THERE IS A RACCOON PULLING OFF THE ROOF TILES".   

That got him moving. He grabbed flashlight and was outside in no time flat. All of a sudden I heard a succession of loud thumps. It would appear that my husband was in the front yard hurling objects indiscriminately at the roof.  There goes the real estate values again. I'm not sure if he hit anything, and he didn't actually see the raccoon, so my best guess is it has moved on. We are never so lucky, I'm pretty sure there is going to be a Part II to this tale.


No comments:

Post a Comment