Friday 13 June 2014

For Alison

Sid needed a hair cut, but she decided that the usual location, "Little Tots" with the fire engine chairs was far too juvenile and insisted on going to Lindsay's hair salon instead. Alison who owns the salon is a faithful follower of my blog, and Lindsay told me how how much Alison was extolling the virtues of my blog to another customer. "At first..." Alison began, "...you think she must be making some of these things up, but then when you meet the family, you understand".  I will take that as a compliment !

Sadly tho', Alison is spot on. My family gives a whole new definition to normal. Last weekend Rob asked if the kids would help him at lunchtime, as I was going to be out. Sid, assuming the request was for assistance in feeding the lambs (which it actually was) shot her hand up right away, only to Rob decided to have a bit of fun at her expense, and proceeded to tell her that she was going to have to vacuum the house, clean the bathroom and wash the windows. With each new task he outlined, Sid's jaw dropped lower, as the horror of her predicament dawned. It was at that point Grady leaned over and in a loud whisper he told her "See ? That is precisely why I never volunteer for anything".  I think his parting shot was "Sucker", but it was masked by the sudden intake of breath as Sid delivered a well aimed blow to his ribs. 

Like Alison said, ".. when you meet the family, you understand."

No comments:

Post a Comment