Friday 20 June 2014

Let's Get Naked !

I thought that would catch your attention. We are babysitting Simon and Eliot tonight. I'm not sure why their mother continues to entrust them to our care (the very first time Eliot visited the kids dressed him in Build-A-Bear clothes and Grady taught him to play fetch with the dog ball) but I can only assume desperate measures and all that. Tonight my children are positively giddy with the thought of the last day of school tomorrow and their high jinks are contagious. I'm giddy too, but mine is more a nauseating giddiness, born of the dread of the omnipresent ten weeks of summer holidays looming over me.

So, tonight I have to pop out to run an errand. As I leave the house both the boys plus my own children are lined up on the couch watching TV,  with Lindsay supervising. I am not gone long, but imagine my surprise when I returned, only to find a whole gaggle of children and teens congregated in the driveway. It would appear they multiplied like rabbits. Apparently it started innocently with Simon and Eliot chalking the driveway, but quickly degenerated to a water fight. This was when the "Let's get naked" chant began.  Eliot was down to his underwear (which I should mention were on backwards) in no time flat, and was steadfastly encouraging the others to do the same.  Fortunately, common sense prevailed and the others remained clothed. One partially naked, soaking wet child crawling through the undergrowth was enough.

It was actually Grady that came in and alerted me to the fact the party had gone off the rails. "You do know that Eliot is running around in his underwear" he muttered.  "What are you going to do about it?". Talk about the fun police.  My initial reaction was "For God's sake, don't tell his mother", then I realised I'd be giving up a blog opportunity,

The house across the street has finally sold, but those poor buggers have no idea what they are in for.

No comments:

Post a Comment