Thursday 26 January 2012

Life Is Back To Normal

It has been strongly suggested that I not post today - apparently my family is feeling neglected. I had no idea that they'd be offended when I told everyone to sod off and give me some peace and quiet so I could write my Blog.

So to keep it brief and to harken back to the good old days. This one is for Ana, Brenda & Silvana. Here's my day so far ...

Never ask your children, even rhetorically, how old they think you are. I was trying to make a point to Grady this morning that at my age, I might know more than he does. He was in a snit and didn't answer, but Sid gleefully filled in the blank. The sad thing is, I actually had to stop and calculate, before realising she had got my age right!  When did I get so old ?

Tempers running high this morning, Grady decides to take on his sister. God knows why, when Sid outweighs him by at least 10lb and she fights dirty. Anyway, despite being warned not to, he proceeds to ping her with an elastic band. I'm not even sure it hit her her but she retaliates anyway. While Rob is home, he is under the assumption he is "in charge" so I leave him to deal with it. Very effective.

Rob: "Grady stop crying"
Grady: Still crying
Rob: "Grady, shut up. Why did you annoy your sister?"
Grady: "Because.she ...."
Rob: "Didn't I tell you to be quiet? Don't speak. Why are you winding up your sister ?
Grady: " She ...."
Rob: " I. SAID.  BE. QUIET. "
Me: "Then stop asking him f***ing questions"    Honestly, you'd think he'd get it.

Have a great day ladies.











No comments:

Post a Comment