Wednesday 30 April 2014

Seriously ?

Very few people have my cell phone number, my husband, my kids, my boss and the barn manager.  There is a reason for that, I hate using cell phones, and using them to text even less, especially with my teenage daughter. I swear she is on a different astral plane altogether. Take this morning's missives. 

Lindsay:  "Can you pick me up this afternoon please"
Me:   "Yes, what time ? Are you staying late ?".
Lindsay: "Yes, a meeting for Leadership camp"
Me: "What time ? I have an errand to run, I can co-ordinate".
Lindsay: "That's good".  (Not especially helpful).
Me: "What time ?".   (Am I the only one who notices the repetition here ?)
Lindsay:  "Sometime after you pick up Sid".
Me: "I'm not picking up Sid. What time is your meeting over?"
Lindsay: "I'm not sure, the teacher is on a trip. I will know at the end or not"  WTF does that mean ? Know at the end of what ?  
Me: (Taking a very deep breath) "OK, when will you be sure ?"
Lindsay: "I'm sure now"

At this point, we are holding two very different conversations, or she is yanking my chain.  Either way, my patience is at an end. 

Me: "Just (blank) tell me the (blank) time" (I left out a few descriptive words, but you can fill in the blanks)
Lindsay: "At 4. Are you upset?"   (Why would she think that ?)

Hallelujah, twenty minutes and a dozen texts later, I finally get an answer.  This should have been so easy, covered in 10 words or less. "Can you pick me up at 4?" and my reply "Yes". I shudder to think when this generation is in power.  Bring on the end of days.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment