Monday 14 April 2014

Back In Business

     My apologies for the interlude. It was not my intent to leave my blogging world for so long, but life (in the form of a lengthy bout of flu, orphaned lambs and work) got in the way.  For now, until I have had a chance to catch up, I am cutting back the posts to three times a week - Monday, Wednesday & Friday.  So back to my wacky world of wonderful.

     I grew up as an only child, I have three sisters but I came along much later, so by the time I had turned three they had all left home. My husband on the other hand grew up with two brothers, all close in age, so he is familiar with typical sibling rivalry and fights, I am not.

       I had once imagined a blissful family life, serene and peaceful, instead I get the Rocky Horror Show. Case in point, a typical interaction between my son and youngest daughter. 

       Grady: "Hey Sid, did you know when you look in the dictionary under "idiot" it has your name in the definition?" This is followed by loud peals of laughter, suddenly cut short as Sid aims a stunningly accurate blow to Grady's solar plexus. One day he will learn, but that day is not today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment