Tuesday 4 February 2014

Mouse Chronicles Part I

So, I am in the bathroom, and as usual I'm guaranteed an interruption. Sure enough I'm not disappointed, and it comes in the guise of Sid, panting outside the door. 

"Mum" she wheezes out
"Yes" I reply resignedly
"I can't feed Badger"
"Why not ?"
"There is a mouse in the dog food. it's sitting on the scoop". 
"Fine, I will deal with it later

I thought that was the end of the matter, but I was wrong. Without missing a beat Sid calls out "Grady, can you feed Badger ?".  Unbeknownst to Sid, he was close by and had overheard our previous conversation, so of course he refuses. Sid isn't beaten yet and proceeds to tell him that the reason she needs him to feed Badger is because there isn't much food left and she can't reach it. Grady lets her play out this story, as she digs a deeper hole for herself, thinking for sure she has got one over on her brother, only to have him turn around at the end of it and ask her "What about the mouse?". You could almost hear Sid deflate.

No comments:

Post a Comment