Wednesday 18 December 2013

Wooden Spoon

More of the same. Sid and Grady got into a fight - can't remember why, and don't really care. The first indication is when I hear Grady hollering, and Sid's smug "Take that!". Oh, so not good.  

Upon inquisition, I discovered that Grady had somehow upset Sid's sensibilities and in retaliation she had "punched him in the nuts". That boy really has to learn how to dodge or duck. So as Grady staggers around, dramatically clutching his nether regions, I read the riot act to Sid, actually going as far as threatening her with a wooden spoon.  She starts to wail, totally disproportionate to the threat level.

She stomps upstairs, lamenting her lot in life, even going so far as to wishing she were dead !  A threat indeed. I yell at her to come back down and it can be arranged. Lo and behold she turns up in front of me. Lindsay is aghast at her stupidity, everyone knows when I assume "THAT" tone, you need to duck and cover, not present a willing target. Sid, however isn't finished. "What are you going to do about it ?" she accuses. Are you kidding me ? 

"Well", I begin "I can make it quick and easy, or slow and painful, what's your preference ?" Sid actually ponders this question, while Lindsay is trying unsuccessfully to choke back laughter. Grady is no where to be seen, he was off nursing his nuts. I really think at that point I could have gotten off with an insanity plea.

No comments:

Post a Comment