Tuesday 3 December 2013

The Cat House

So I spend my Thursday morning cleaning house but not sure why I bother. Everything is spotless, I have even scrubbed the floors, and feeling pretty pleased with my efforts. I notice 2 cats sitting in the basement window, one on the outside wanting in and one on the inside wanting out. I open the window, outside cat darts through. Inside cat is on his way out when the wind blows a leaf in, said cat leaps a foot in the air, falls out the window and sets off a chain reaction. Second cat bolts upstairs to kitchen, careens around the corner and sends bowl of dog cookies hurtling across kitchen floor.

Clean up the dog cookies, while I curse out the cats and my youngest daughter who filled the bowl to the brim to begin with. Our dog, unlike most, only eats when he is hungry, so Sid whose chore is to feed the dog, discovered very quickly that if she fills his bowl to overflowing, it will last him several days, and therefore she only has to feed him twice maybe three times a week. That's my daughter, always looking for the easy way out.

That mess in itself would have been enough, but no, third cat enters the fray and decided to eat dog cookies. He is partial to them, but with an inevitable result, and sure enough half an hour later I hear that ghastly sound of a cat about to upchuck and charge around the house trying to determine the source. I locate the cat mid heave, go to grab him but he dodges. The chase is on. The little bastard only stops long enough to vom, then takes off again with me in hot pursuit. I finally caught up with him, and tossed him unceremoniously outside.  Unfortunately, I was too late, and had to retrace my steps and clean up seven (yes seven) piles of cat barf, swearing the whole time.

It didn't go unnoticed that it was a Thursday !

No comments:

Post a Comment