Wednesday 4 December 2013

Never Buy Condoms At The Dollar Store

My children continually serve to remind me that they are walking advertisements for the use of birth control. 

On the weekend we joined friends for dinner, at a restaurant no less. Sidney & Grady were invited also, despite my many warnings to the contrary.  Sadly, they were egged on by certain adults who should have known better. While Sid was away from the table, someone squirted a small amount of hot sauce in her water, which Grady persuaded her to drink when she returned. For the record I was down the other end of the table and had no idea what was happening until I heard the loud guffaws of laughter and looked up in time to see Sid with her face turned inside out, and Grady collapsed in a giggling heap. Personally I blame their father, as he had encouraged this debacle.

It would appear they were just getting started, as it was all downhill from there. You can imagine my embarrassment, when as we are preparing to leave - voluntarily, before we were forcibly ejected - I move to finish the last few drops of my wine, only to have my family sit there and chant - loudly - "Chug! Chug! Chug!"  Assholes all of them. There is a good reason we rarely get invited anywhere more than once.

No comments:

Post a Comment