Friday 7 March 2014

I Actually Chose This Life ...

Sometimes I give myself a whack upside the head, when I remember I actually made an educated choice to bear children. Today was no exception.

Normally Thursday are my day of woe, but fate threw in a Friday this week as well. Torrential rainstorms the night before, meant a dripping kitchen ceiling the next morning. I had woken up feeling like the proverbial crap, so I really wasn't in the mood to deal with well, just about anything.

I was anxious to get the children to school on time this particular morning. They were going bowling (yes, bowling, that was not an auto correct), and woe betide them if they missed the bus and I had to bring them back home with me. 

First off,  the dog decides to do a runner. Normally the back yard is contained and he can't breach the fence, however with the ice storm before Christmas and the felling of our neighbour's tree across our fence, he has on occasion been able to mount an escape. 

I had enough to do as it was, the last thing I needed now was for a fight to break out between Grady & Sid, which of course it did. Sid's concern that the bowling alley wouldn't have a washroom (thank you Grady for planting that idea into her head), prompted her to go for her second "marathon poo" that morning. Even Grady has commented, "There has to be something wrong with that girl"

My requests for my children not to wind each other up, had obviously fallen on deaf ears, because I suddenly hear a wail from the basement bathroom. "Muuum, Grady is bothering me". How is that possible ? Grady has gone outside to feed the rabbits. I open the back door to find the culprit, knee deep in a snow bank (in his uniform trousers no less), outside the ground level bathroom window, tapping on the glass and leering in at his sister. Seriously, you want to do that now ? 

Understandably his sister, upon vacating the bathroom is righteously indignant and vows revenge upon her sibling. This prompts me to read them both the riot act to ensure they know that bowling balls and pins are not to be used as weapons. I have done all that I can, if Grady ends up sprawled unconscious in a bowing lane, it won't be my problem. 

Next week is March Break - a week to have all my children home, and too damn cold to go out. Brilliant planning. My blog will be on hiatus for the duration, as I will be living it, every blessed day. I will return on Monday, 17th. 

No comments:

Post a Comment