Thursday 6 March 2014

Don't Poke The Bear

I apologise if this is a repeat. This post was supposed to have gone out on February 20th, but apparently was still sitting in Draft. Not sure what happened. I will blame it on technical difficulties.

Grady was being particularly obstreperous this morning, not wanting to get up, not wanting to feed the rabbits, whinging about emptying the dishwasher - all chores he knows he has to do before school. 

This morning his resistance was particularly galling because I had to get him to school 45 minutes early (which meant I had to get up earlier and we all know how I feel about that) because he had a Badminton practice. I know, most of the kids his age are hockey players, this is Canada after all, but sadly he has inherited his parents athletic prowess (as in non existent) so for him, Badminton it is.

So, after repeated entreaties for Grady to get moving, and fifteen minutes later he was still huddled on the edge of the bed contemplating his bedroom floor, I decided to just get on with making lunches and then do his chores myself. 

But wait, that is not the end of it. Revenge will be mine. When Grady is sitting at the lunch table today with all his little hockey player friends, he will open his lunch box and discover his sandwich nicely presented in a Disney Princess sandwich bag. He should know better than to mess with me - on a Thursday morning no less. Bwah hah hah hah!

No comments:

Post a Comment