Friday 6 March 2015

Homework Trials

I think I have mentioned before, how difficult it is to get my son to do homework. Now that he is a teenager, it hasn't got any easier.  He has every reason under the sun not to start his assignments; too hot, too cold, not the right pencil, pen or ruler, too tired, hungry, thirsty or ill. He has an in-exhaustive supply of excuses.

His homework is to determine definitions and then write sentences for his spelling words. One of these word was "nefarious" so he gleefully wrote down "My sister is downright nefarious". Sid was quite proud to be the topic of the sentence, but then she doesn't know what nefarious means. I hope for Grady's sake she doesn't find out.

This morning when he finally sat down to work, he had a huge cardboard box on his head, and no I didn't ask the reason why. I did however ask my husband to take a picture so that I could post it on Facebook in order that his teacher could see how studious he is. Grady immediately whipped the box off his head and complained vehemently "No, don't take a picture. Every time you post something on Facebook, it makes me look like an idiot." I might suggest that one of his spelling words next week be "irony".

No comments:

Post a Comment