Friday 4 July 2014

Summer Shenanigans

So this is how my summer is progressing. I receive an email from my friend Kristy who lives around the corner. "I saw your kids in costume as we drove down Mill Street today...the summer shenanigans have begun!".  

Yes, that would be my children. The costumes to which Kristy was referring; Grady in a rubber death mask, whipping down the road on his electric scooter, aiming a water pistol at Sid, who is sporting a big black mustache, gyrating at the end of the driveway. Kind of makes me want to shoot her myself.  Sadly, Kristy is moving soon, I will have to ensure I keep my children out of sight, if she has any hope of selling their house. 

We have a large back garden, so I'm not sure why my children are drawn to the front and the allure of the street. Last week Grady was out there wearing a huge cardboard box, with holes cut out for his arms, waving at passing cars - did I mention it was pouring with rain ? There is definitely something seriously amiss with my children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment